Quickchannel enables streaming with WebRTC
Livestream and record directly from your browser, no plugins or downloads needed!
WebRTC stands for Web Real-Time Communication and enables voice and video communication to work within web pages. It is an open-source technology, that is supported by Apple, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla amongst others.
There are four simple steps the user needs to follow to start their virtual event:
- Log on to the Quickchannel-portal.
- Book an event with the WebRTC-channel.
- Use the Live Control function to select video and audio inputs.
- Select “Go Live” when ready.
This new technology allows users to be anywhere, and broadcast from any device that has an internet connection, a browser, a camera and a microphone.
WebRTC is available in the Broadcast module and you get one WebRTC channel per user.
Next generation Live Control
Quickchannel’s next generation live control function, allows users and/or producers, to get a better overview of their entire broadcast.
The new function has improved the user experience to do the following whilst “Live”:
- See previews, speakers, chapters, chats and polling in one window.
- Add and/or edit speakers’ names.
- Add and/or edit chapters.
- Manage and moderate chat rooms.
- Manage polling.
- Have a countdown prior to event start time.
- See how many viewers are active via the viewer indicator.
- WebRTC within the live control function, can mute the microphone, pause the camera feed and switch cameras during production with no interruption.
- Includes a feature to share the chat moderator and viewer links.
Discover the next generation of streaming solutions
Learn how you can leverage the power of Quickchannel’s interactive, secure and easy-to-use streaming platform to create great content and increase engagement among your audience.