With the Quickchannel and Wirecast integration you can live stream your event and webinars, no matter how large or small they are.
Who they are
Wirecast is a software video switcher/encoder used for live video streaming production, owned by Telestream. The Wirecast software allows you to live stream no matter how large or small your event may be.
Stream with Wirecast and Quickchannel
- Go to Quickchannel’s platform
- Create a live event.
- Set time and date.
- Choose the channel you would like to use.
- To to the menu on the top and click on ‘Miscellaneous.
- Copy the video source (stream key).
Log into Wirecast:
- In the menu, click on Output and open the popup Output Settings.
- Choose Destination RTMP Server and click OK.
- Paste the video source (stream key) into the address field.
- Cut everything after and including ‘mp4:’
Go to the field called Stream and paste:
- Click OK
If you wish to dual stream, please open a new Wirecast session:
- Go to Output and open the popup Output Settings
- Choose Destination RTMP Server and click OK
- Paste the video source (stream key) like before, but..
- Change “_cam1” for “_vga1”
Once the above steps are completed it’s time to set up the encoding quality. The recommended set up is:
- Encoder: x264
- Width: 1280
- Height: 720
- Frames per second: 25
- Average bit rate: 1000
- Quality: 3- (Very Fast encoding) Default
- Profile: Main
- Key frame every: 125 frames
- Timecode every: 30 frames
- Channels: Stereo
- Target bit rate: 128 kbits/sec
- Sample rate: 48.000 kHz
Stream the _cam1 session for single stream or two sessions (_cam1 and _vga1) for dual stream.
Your live stream will automatically be available as on demand after the stream is finished.