Over the coming weeks we'll be outlining our top 9 video trends for 2023. Today, we begin with our first trend, 'The Importance of Interactive Video For Remote and Hybrid Work', and how it will continue to help transform businesses around the world.
What is it?
Video production and consumption is rapidly evolving, and artificial intelligence (AI) and innovation are playing a major role in this revolution. AI and innovation is transforming the way we create, distribute, and consume video content.
In 2023, AI technology will play a significant role in video production and communication, driving innovation and delivering new capabilities. It’s impact on the video creation sector can be directly related to the ease in which businesses and individuals can create, manage, distribute and edit videos with the aid of AI. The fact of the matter is, AI is already very much a part of our lives. From recommended content delivered to you on platforms like Netflix and YouTube to personal phone assistants like Siri, Google and Alexa, smart AI tech is transforming industries around the globe.
From frame editing to automatic scriptwriting and beyond, AI is helping creators focus on what they are best at, innovation, creativity and emotion. This is just one area that AI is aiding video. Additionally, we can’t discuss the evolution of AI and video without mentioning the huge benefits it’s having to AI enabled video conferencing. Machine learning is being used to determine how to optimise the meeting experience for participants, such as noise reduction and enhanced presentation delivery. By leveraging AI capabilities, teams can achieve more productive and efficient virtual meetings. They can also do more with the recorded meeting sessions after the fact and leverage analytics to improve meeting efficiency over time. Let’s explore deeper how AI is going to be a major trend in 2023.
Why is it important?
Ultimately, AI video production and conferencing is about automation. Although video has become one of the most popular mediums for conveying a message and connecting people, it’s also known for being time consuming and expensive to produce and AI is here to change that. Here are some of the ways this trend will benefit businesses:
1. One of the most significant changes brought about by AI in the video industry is the development of more efficient video compression algorithms. AI-powered compression can analyse video content and remove redundant information, resulting in smaller file sizes that take up less storage space and can be transmitted more quickly. This is particularly important for streaming video, which requires a fast and stable internet connection to deliver high-quality content.
2. Another area where AI is making a big impact is in the realm of video summarisation. AI algorithms can automatically analyse a video and generate a summary that highlights the main points, making it easier for viewers to quickly understand the content. This can be especially useful for long-form video content, such as lectures, presentations, or documentaries.
3. Automatic captioning and transcription is also a rapidly growing area of AI-powered video innovation. By analysing the audio in a video and automatically generating captions, AI can make video content more accessible to people who are deaf or hard of hearing. Similarly, AI-powered transcription can generate written transcripts of video content, making it more searchable and easier to find specific information.
4. AI is also being used to improve the searchability of video content. By analysing the visual and audio elements of a video, AI can help users search for specific content within a video, making it much easier to find relevant information. This is particularly useful for educational and instructional videos, where viewers may be looking for specific information or answers to specific questions.
5. Personalised video recommendations is another area where AI is making a big impact. AI can analyse viewer behaviour and preferences to recommend videos that are likely to be of interest to them. This can help viewers discover new content they may not have found otherwise, and also help video creators and publishers reach more viewers.
6. AI is also being used to create and edit videos. From automatically splicing together footage to creating special effects, AI is helping to streamline the video production process and make it more efficient. This technology is also being used to create virtual influencers that can interact with real world audiences.
Why you should care
With so many businesses relying on the use of video in recent years, AI is here to stay. AI makes video production faster and cheaper and more efficient so in short, if you're thinking of incorporating video, AI is officially here to help you with the ease your day to day work and provide a number of benefits for businesses and employees alike.
Let’s face facts, all businesses are in some way making use of video and the way we see it it’s only becoming more and more a part of the day to day running of any organisation. AI brings video to a whole new level. AI’s capacity to save time, money and resources makes it a valuable business tool, and its ability to deliver individualised recommendations enhances viewing for participants and yields better rewards for the creators. Viewership engagement is enhanced while the ease of creation is alleviated.
Why we see it as a trend
AI based video technologies have been improving steadily over the past several years and they aren’t slowing down anytime soon. This is a trend that will over improve over time and is becoming more and more accessible to everyone.
AI and innovation are revolutionising the video industry in a variety of ways. From more efficient video compression to personalised video recommendations, these technologies are making video more accessible, efficient, and engaging for viewers. As these technologies continue to develop, we can expect to see even more exciting developments in the field of video production and consumption in the future. Incorporating video for your business is not only a solid decision for your organisation, it’s the future and people stand a lot to gain from getting on board.